The Parents and Grandparents Program opens once a year. It lets citizens and permanent residents of Canada sponsor their parents and grandparents to come to Canada.
Family Reunification remains one of the goals of Canadian immigration law. Canadians, permanent residents or registered Indians (A person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act) who want to sponsor members of their family can do so under the family class sponsorship programme. Use this application if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who wants to sponsor close family members who live overseas, such as your:


someone related to you if you do not have any other relatives that can be sponsored (such as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, child, parent, sibling, grandparent, uncle or aunt, niece or nephew)

To become a sponsor, you must meet the following: